UN1T’S healthy holiday hacks
Posted 28th Nov 2018
We’re in full Christmas spirit at UN1T, and with less than a month to go, that also means the holiday parties are in full swing. We love a good celebration at UN1T, but we also love maintaining the progress we’ve made over the past 11 months. So how can you keep your gains in check, while still enjoying the festive period?
Here are our top holiday hacks:
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate – Keeping yourself hydrated throughout the day before a night out, and especially the day after, will keep any headaches at bay and keep your immune system strong. If you’re on a night out, try swapping every other drink for a glass of sparkling water – you get to have your drink and a bit less of a sore head the next day!
- Get in a UN1T class – Burn some energy and get rewarded with amazing endorphins post-UN1T class. Plus the holidays are all about catching up with friends and family, so why not sign up and tackle a class together?
- Be mindful – The mince pies. The truffles. The box of celebrations. They list of festive goodies goes on! Eat mindfully and choose your favourites from the spread instead of the whole buffet. Make sure you include the foods you love, with a big serving of the healthy stuff you love.
- Revisit your goals – Those goals you set back in January? Check back in with them. You’ve put in the work over the year, and the holiday season doesn’t mean your hard work has to go out the window. Try writing your goals down to help stay accountable.
- Enjoy it. Christmas only comes around once a year, so taking a few days or a week of training and indulging in some of your favourite foods and drinks is important. The holiday season is meant to be enjoyed and taking some time to rest and recover will mean you come back in January stronger than ever.
BACK TO BLOG / NEWS